The Public Service Consulting Corps provides a select group of students the opportunity to take part in a unique academic year-long internship experience at a non-profit. By participating in the program, students will receive up to $1000 scholarship each semester and will have the opportunity to develop and enhance their professional development skills, as well as expand their professional network.
As part of the Corps, students will receive support from an on-site supervisor, and they will also meet with an Office for Community Engagement Advisor on campus. Additionally, all Corps members will come together every month to network, share their experiences, and reflect on their learning.
To become a member of the Corps, students must apply, interview with TCU staff and potential internship sites, and be selected by an internship host site. All selected students will be notified by April 26th and will then be required to attend an internship training session.
Corps Member Requirements:
- Work 150 hours a semester. (appx. 10-15 hrs a week) during the fall and spring semesters.
° With site supervisor permission, some hours may occur off-site.
- Complete one program on-campus in the fall semester to raise awareness about their internship site or site’s area of focus.
° Programs/projects can include organizing student volunteers from campus to participate in an agency event.
- Attend monthly Corps meetings.
- Meet bi-monthly with their assigned OCE advisor.
- Work in collaboration with site supervisor to develop a legacy project for the organization.
- Complete an end of semester and end of year evaluation.
For full job descriptions email Rosangela Boyd