The Office for Community Engagement provides support to faculty and staff members interested in community service as a means to foster learning, growth and commitment to social justice.
Interested in learning more about community engagement? Contact the office’s staff to set up an appointment for consultation.
Community Engagement Services:
- Support in building service-learning into existing courses, developing a new course or community-based research project
- Links to community agencies and relevant needs in the community for teaching and/or research purposes
- Presentations on service-related topics. Request a presentation: (Faculty) (Staff)
- Assistance with reflection activities
- Mini-grants for service-learning course development
- Promotion of service-learning courses/programs to TCU students
- Evaluation of Service-Learning courses and initiatives in partnership with the Office for Assessment and Quality Enhancement
- Updates on upcoming events, opportunities for professional development and workshops in partnership with Koehler Center For Instruction, Innovation & Engagement
- Resource library of service-learning books and journals
Already teaching a service-learning course? Receive a service-learning designation! This designation will allow students to search for classes with a service-learning focus and also ensure that we can accurately reflect the amount of community engagement at TCU.
Click here to view Faculty/Staff Community Service Guidelines